Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sorry...

http://starbulletin.com/2005/07/24/sports/art4a.jpg
...I've been really bad about keeping the blog up, although I'm not sure how many people actually check in regularly. I know a few people outside of the group of friends I designed this for have stopped by to check things out. Anyhow, most of what I get I rip off from the major MMA blogs, as I've mentioned many times before. From now on, however, I'm going to try to infuse more of my own content and commentary.

Remember, not this Wed. but the next we have UFN 12 coming up which is free on SPIKE. I'll be recording it and having over a few people (all of you are invited) to watch it at around 8:30. They usually go 2 hours if I'm not mistaken. Check out UFC.COM for some video previews and fighter pre-fight interviews (the fights are always more exciting with a little context).

The CARD:
* Main Card Josh Burkman vs. Mike Swick
* Drew McFedries vs. Patrick Cote
* Nate Diaz vs. Alvin Robinson
* Thiago Tavares vs. Michihiro Omigawa

Undercard
* Kurt Pellegrino vs. Alberto Crane
* Gray Maynard vs. Dennis Siver
* Cole Miller vs. Jeremy Stephens
* Corey Hill vs. Joe Veres
* Matt Wiman vs. Justin Buchholz

I'm looking foeard to all of the fights on the main card. Look for some serious leather to be thrown in the McFedries/Cote fight. Also, I'm a fan of Swick and I want to see him propelled into contention so he can pick up the pieces after GSP and Fitch eventually go to war. It'd be interesting to see him fight a lot of the guys in the top ten of the WW division including fellow members of season 1 of TUF Diego Sanchez and Josh Koscheck.

Finally, it looks like Fedor will be coming to the states to meet with Couture in person. I've never doubted the two would fight. Looks like it'll happen in late '08.

Hope you're all well. Give me a call if you want to come by and see some fireworks next Wednesday.

-Dan

No comments:

Google