Friday, May 16, 2008

UFC 84...last call! Penn vs. Sherk LW Championship

UFC 84 next week, my house. I'm getting the fight in HD and putting together some grub, so bring $5 and be ready to watch some great fights. Call me if you need directions, but most of you've already been here.



The fight game can get very personal and the war of words between UFC Lightweight Champion "THE PRODIGY" BJ PENN and former champ SEAN "THE MUSCLE SHARK" SHERK has taken personal to a whole new level. The talking stops and the real competition begins as these two men step into the Octagon to determine the undisputed king of the 155-lb. division.
Plus, the controversial "HUNTINGTON BEACH BAD BOY" TITO ORTIZ faces undefeated Karate master LYOTO "THE DRAGON" MACHIDA.



From mmamania.com:


Friday Night Throwdown: UFC 84 fight preview part IIIBy: Chris Cosme
“… I know there are a lot of people out there doing steroids, cheating and every time I run into one of them, I’m going to call them on it and then I’m going to beat the s---out of them.… It’s going to be a historic night because all the kids out there will realize that you can do it with just hard work alone … he wants to say he has heart and all this different #&%$, but you can’t confuse steroids with heart…. It’s two different things, a guy with heart is a guy doing it with blood, sweat and tears, waking up with the sore back, the sore body..… What would happen in the old days when you get caught with a couple of aces up your sleeve, they kill the guy right there and that’s why I say Sean Sherk is dead….”
UFC Lightweight Champion, BJ Penn
“I think he needs to talk to a psychiatrist. That sounds pretty sick to me, but good luck. I’m sure there will be blood, both mine and his, so we’ll see what happens. I don’t know, that’s kind of a weird thing to say and I did hear that he said that. I was like, ‘What the hell is he talking about?’ What can you say. He’s got some issues, but I’m not going to let anything he says bother me.”
Former UFC lightweight champion, Sean Sherk
In this week’s edition of the Friday Night Throwdown, it’s the final part of a three-part series that covers UFC 84: “Ill Will” at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on May 24.
And we’ve saved the best for last.
Of course, we’re finally going to touch on the main event of the evening and preview the UFC lightweight title fight between division champion, BJ Penn, and former 155-pound beltkeeper, Sean Sherk.
It’s no secret that these two men don’t like each other –- check out the war of words at the top of this column for proof of that. For weeks fans and others have referred to this showdown as a grudge match.
I see it more as war … let the games begin.
Continue reading ‘Friday Night Throwdown: UFC 84 fight preview part III’



UFC Quick Quote: Dana White is subtle when it comes to Tito OrtizBy: MMAmania
Photo: mmaweekly.com
“Tito is a f—ing idiot. He’s one of the dumbest human beings I’ve ever met. Everything that comes out of his mouth makes no sense…. I put up with his s— when he was a good fighter. He’s not anymore…. He’s not in anybody’s Top 10. I have no interest whatsoever in being in the Tito Ortiz business…. I’ve never wanted to see anyone get their ass kicked worse than I want to see Tito get his kicked next Saturday night.”
– UFC President Dana White beat around the bush in a recent UFC 84: “Ill Will” conference call earlier this afternoon when Tito Ortiz was mentioned. White decided to remain tight-lipped about his thoughts on who he wants to win when Ortiz steps inside the Octagon for possibly the last time against Lyoto Machida at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on May 24. Perhaps closer to fight night we’ll get a better feel for what he really thinks about the match up and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.” Stay tuned.

No comments:

Google