Monday, April 14, 2008

Half wits abound...


What right does Pete "Drago" Sell have calling GSP a "mental midget." Umm, I guess that makes

St. Pierre responds to Sell's "mental midget" comments

In a recent interview, Pete Sell, a training partner and friend of UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra, called Georges St. Pierre a "mental midget."

St. Piere has now issued a response to those and other accusations made by Sell.

Back in April 2007, St. Pierre lost his title to Serra in one of the sport's biggest upsets. After the loss, St. Pierre mentioned a few reasons for the loss, which didn't go over well with Serra and his camp.

"GSP is an awesome athlete," Sell originally told fightticker.com. "He has all the tools to dominate, but he is a mental midget. His mentality is very weak."

Sell specifically mentioned that St. Pierre "flip-flopped" after the fight. St. Pierre first had nothing in the way of an excuse for the loss, but in later interviews, he said he didn't train properly and had been dealing with an injury.

"I don't like how his story changed," Sell said.

In a recent interview with the Winnipeg Sun, St. Pierre was asked about Sell's comments, which included a him saying that St. Pierre was the type of guy who would back down from a bar-room fight.

St. Pierre agreed with the claim.

"Of course I'm not going to fight in a club," St. Pierre said. "It's just not my thing. If it doesn't involve me personally or my family, I will avoid it. I believe if you're a good person and treat people nicely, that incident wouldn't arise. I think those situations happen to people who are uncomfortable with themselves or try to look tough or act like fighters. You attract what you look like. I don't have anything to prove. When I fight, I do it for a living."

St. Pierre, who won the UFC's interim title with a victory over Matt Hughes in December, meets Serra in the main event of Saturday's UFC 83 event, which takes place at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

(Touch of gloves: TKO Xtreme)

No comments:

Google