Sunday, August 10, 2008

UFC 87 Did NOT Disappoint!

Thanks to everyone who came over and for those who brought food over and pitched in. I hate asking for money, but as a teacher and with current gas prices, I won't turn it down! Thanks again!

We had about fourteen people in the room at one point and those who've been to my house know that our living room isn't that big. Next time I'm going to take photos and post them on here.

I pulled the results from a "real" MMA blog and have posted them below, but I'd just like to say that GSP remains my favorite fighter and he didn't disappoint as he thrashed Jon Fitch for 5 rounds. Fitch looked like a cyborg as he rose after being pummeled by GSP over and over. I have always respected him as a fighter, but he is tougher than I ever imagined. Kenny Florian also looked great and although he did not finish his opponent, the ever tough Roger Huerta, he looked very good and definitely deserves a title shot in my opinion. Brock Lesnar was a brute in his fight and he punished the veteran Herring for three rounds. Finally, Maia looked looked awesome in his bout against McDonald and threw on a rear naked choke to finish the "Athlete."

Much love to you all and see you next time!

ufc 87 results

UFC 87: “Seek and Destroy” is set go off LIVE from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn., on Saturday, August 9, 2008.

MMAmania.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, round-by-round coverage of the main card bouts, beginning with the 10 p.m. ET PPV telecast. In addition, we will deliver up-to-the-minute quick results of the under card action at around 8:30 p.m. ET.

Many of our readers check-in before, during and after the PPV telecast to share their thoughts on the action. Therefore, feel free to leave a comment or 10 before you leave and chat with many of our readers during the show — it always turns out to be a great discussion.

Keep in mind that we will also be the spot for the latest news, recaps and post-fight analysis after UFC 87.

Without further delay, see below for the latest UFC 87 results. (Note: This will go from the bottom up; therefore, scroll toward the bottom for the latest detailed round-by-round action!)

UFC 87 QUICK RESULTS:

UFC Welterweight Champion Georges defeats Jon Fitch via Unanimous Decision
Brock Lesnar defeats Heath Herring via Unanimous Decision
Kenny Florian defeats Roger Huerta via Unanimous Decision
Rob Emerson defeats Manny Gamburyan via TKO (Strikes) Round 1
Demian Maia defeats Jason Macdonald via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) Round 3
Tamdan McCrory defeats Luke Cummo via Unanimous Decision
Cheick Kongo defeats Dan Evensen via TKO (Strikes) Round 1
Jon Jones defeats Andre Gusmao via Unanimous Decision
Chris Wilson defeats Steve Bruno via Unanimous Decision
Ben Saunders defeats Ryan Thomas via Submission (Armbar) Round 1





I was trying to pace myself, because after the first time I rock him and I couldn’t finish him I was like ‘Man, this guy, I’m gonna have to almost kill him to win’. He’s very tough, I give him a lot of props. A big heart, good, amazing guy, very big heart, [I have] a lot of respect for this guy.

-UFC welterweight champion Georges “Rush” St. Pierre talks about trying to finish challenger Jon Fitch during a UFC 87 post fight interview. GSP successfully defended his title after fighting off a very game Fitch for 25 minutes

No comments:

Google