Tuesday, August 26, 2008

UFC Quick Quote: Lyoto Machida predicts fast finish in Thiago Silva UFC 89 fight



machida silva

“I believe this fight won’t go to decision…. Thiago likes to fight aggressively, me too, he has good MMA techniques, so I believe this fight might finish before the third round. I’m training a lot, actually I hadn’t stop training since my last fight. Now I’m doing a specifically training focused on Thiago, preparing my strategies and working on the physical preparation.… I’m very focused.”

– Lyoto Machida tells Tatame.com that he expects his light heavyweight showdown against Thiago Silva at UFC 89: “Bisping vs Leben” at the National Indoor Arena (NIA) in Birmingham, England, on October 18, to not go the distance. It’s a sensational 205-pound match up between two undefeated fighters with identical records. Whether it goes the full distance or not one thing is certain: someone will go home with a 13-1 record and the winner will likely be on the door step of a title shot in early to mid 2009. Perhaps even sooner, depending on what happens with Chuck Liddell at UFC 88 next weekend.

mmamania.com

No comments:

Google