Sunday, June 1, 2008

EliteXC on CBS.....an ABOMINATION!

http://bigsteez.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/kimbopimpn.jpg
What a terrible night for MMA in my opinion. I feel like I have to do damage control now with my friends and acquaintances who know I'm into MMA. I don't have much time or energy to write at this time, but suffice to say for now that despite some flashes of decency, MMA's debut on national TV was just bad: dancing girls, rappers, fighters not making weight, the one good fight being stopped early, Kimbo barely finishing a terrible fighter and pretty much everything and anything you don't want directly associated with MMA was showcased like an overweight clown lady with zitty skin in skimpy clothes being paraded across a stage. And Phil Baroni's entrance....I don't even want to talk about it.

At least I had a good time tonight with a small group of friends and family watching some great MMA off my old Dish DVR which I'm sending back soon since we've now got fiber optic through ATT&T. I hooked up the Dish to the TV and played all of the DREAM and UFC stuff I have recorded off the HDD.

Signin' off!

No comments:

Google