Friday, September 19, 2008

UFC Quick Quote: Nate Marquardt calls out all top middleweight contenders

nate marquardt

“I changed some things technically, but that’s not what it was about for me. It was definitely the mental and the way I approached fights and the way I fight. I used to fight cautious and defensive and now I fight more offensive-minded and aggressive…. I definitely want to fight Anderson [Silva]. I don’t know when I’m going to get that chance, but until then, I would like to fight Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping and anybody else out there that’s a contender.”

– Confident after his brutal domination of Martin Kampmann at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” earlier this month, former number one middleweight contender Nate Marquardt tells FightHype.com that he wants another crack at division kingpin, Anderson Silva. And he’s ready to take on the the best 185-pound fighters in the category, including Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping, to prove that he deserves a second chance. Silva defeated Marquardt at UFC 73: “Stacked” in July 2007 via first round technical knockout. Bisping is already scheduled to face Chris Leben at UFC 89 next month, making a showdown with Henderson the more likely option — there’s simply not a huge pool of challengers atop the division. And one has to imagine that the winner of the bout between Bisping and Leben will next earn a date with the champion because both fighters are so marketable.

No comments:

Google