Saturday, July 26, 2008

Anderson Silva vs Patrick Cote UFC 90 title fight set for Chicago October 25

That's right. With Okami injured, they're putting Patrick Cote in against Silva. Although Cote has had some great success lately, KOing a few guys and getting past a tough BJJ fighter most recently, I don't think he's a worthy opponent for The Spider and this is an EASY bet. I don't really understand this fight since I think there are a few other guys who'd be a better match up, but there's really nobody but Bisping I can think of off the top of my head who has had the exposure and success in the MW division besides Cote. Anyway, this is going down on October 25, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Cote is very confident which makes for better hype.

Here’s a snip from the Canadian:

‘‘I’m telling all my friends to bet on me because they’re going to make a lot of money…. This guy will need 10 punches to my face to knock me out, and I’ll just need one. I have a good chance. He won’t exchange with me, and I’m not scared of him.”

So, on Oct. 25th Cote has the chance to become the next Matt Serra but, more than likely, he'll be the next clip in the highlight reel for Silva.

No comments:

Google