Sunday, July 20, 2008

Giants Remain Giants: Ultimate Fight Night 14 and Affliction Banned Fight Videos

Wow! What a night of fights! We enjoyed watermelon, fresh from Ryan's garden I might add, and watched The Spider remain unbeaten in the UFC (sorry, but if you haven't seen the fights and didn't want to know, don't read MMA blogs). The rest of the fights were intriguing and there were some highlight reel KOs and subs, but for the most part the big fights went the distance.

Since I wasn't able to make it over to Chris' place for the Affliction card, I found them online and here's the Fedor v. Sylvia fight.

Fedor vs. Sylvia:



Silva vs. Irvin:


So, my friends, who's the best PnP, Fedor or A. Silva? Watch the fights and let me know. In some ways, I find the Fedor win more spectacular since he uses Sylvia's best tactic to take the big man down (strikes) but who can argue with the pinpoin accuracy and power of The Spider? Personally, my favorite fighters to watch (not necessarily my favorite personalities, but FIGHTERS) goes like this:

1. GSP (favorite fighter and great person)
2. Anderson Silva (same as above)
3. Fedor (amazing fighter, stone cold, and very nice...look at how he treats his opponent after the win)
4. BJ Penn (awesome athlete, always entertaining but often too cocky for me)
5. Forrest Griffin (not the greatest fighter but very entertaining)

No comments:

Google