Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Silva says the LHW strap belongs to....Machida?

anderson silva
Props: Tatame.com

Quoteworthy:

“[Fighting at 205 pounds] is an experience we are doing for several reasons, and one of them is a request from Dana White…. I don’t have a desire to fight in this category and am only doing it because I was asked and I think I can. I have no desire to dispute this belt because Lyoto has already proven that it belongs to him. I am taking this fight because I like to fight and I like the challenges.”

UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva shares his opinion about the LHW division AND expresses his desire to stay at MW. Obviously he's a gamer because he's willing to do it. I think, however, that he's showing respect to Machida because I think he used to train with him and because like many others-myself included-I think Machida gets the next title shot even though many will arge, IF Silva wins, that he deserves a shot. He's obviously a lot more marketable than Machida and he's very well known.

No comments:

Google