Tuesday, July 1, 2008

UFC 86

What comes first, the wife or MMA? MMA of course!

All joking aside, our six year anniversary is Sunday and since Sunday is our Sabbath, we'll be celebrating by going out on Saturday night. The funny thing is that I actually thought I was going to watch the fights somehow, but she got me up to speed real quick. Anyway, I'm a bit bummed that I'll have to catch them on the net later that night, but I'm more happy to have a wonderful woman with whom I get to spend the rest of eternity.

So if you're watching the fights, have fun! Don't forget, July 19th is FREE and it's going to be awesome (Anderson Silva at LHW!!)

Ok, so my prediction for 86's main event:
Jackson by TKO round 2.

Now that's going out on a limb. Who knows what's going to happen, it's MMA for crying out loud. I will say, however, that I don't think Griffin has what it takes to deal with the big bad Rampage man. If Griffin keeps on the outside and/or can get Jackson on his back, or perhaps pull of a submission, then things may very well go his way. I think, though, that Jackson can keep things on the inside and use the clinch to tie up the lankier fighter and maybe it'll be a boring 5 round snoozer. Who knows? I'm just excited to find out who wins so we can anticipate the next title defense because this weight class is mucho exciting, no?


I just hope Forrest doesn't cry like a baby like he did after the Jardine loss. That was just pathetic. Poor guy...I like both of these fighters and it's going to be sad to see either of them lose.

No comments:

Google