Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Spider or the Maine-iac? An Easy Choice for Me...

MmaMania put this out there regarding the choice we have to make as fans this upcoming Saturday:

UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva making his light heavyweight debut against James Irvin in a non-title bout on Spike TV for free …

anderson silva lightheavyweight

… or former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia taking on the last man to hold the Pride FC heavyweight strap, Fedor Emelianenko, on pay-per-view (PPV).

fedor and Tim Sylvia affliction banned

What are YOU going to do this Saturday, July 19? Tell the world in the comments section below.

Reminder: MMAmania.com will provide LIVE updates and results from both events here (UFC Fight Night 14: “Silva vs. Irvin”) and here (Affliction: “Banned”).

-------------------
It's amazing how similar Silva looks at either weight. You can see a little more muscle mass, but all in all it looks like he can go up or down rather easily. I'm dropping weight right now and it makes me realize how hard it is for the guys he go down in that they don't have all the blubber to lose like I do. I'm dropping from 215 to 190 right now and in a week I'm down to 210. I think it's going to take me until about the end of September since I'm doing it nice and slow. I don't want to starve the fat but rather burn it off. Is there a difference? Well, from what I've read, the more slowly you do it, the longer it's likely to last for a variety of reasons, the main one being that you're more likely to change your lifestyle and eating habits if you do it slowly rather than to starve yourself, drop the fat and water quickly, and then gain it back when you go back to your "normal" and likely unhealthy diet.

No comments:

Google